June 17, 2011

Photo Friday - Roland Garros


Distance meters at Roland Garros

In honor of the French Open concluding two weeks ago and Wimbledon beginning in just two days, this week's picture comes from Roland Garros in Paris, site of the aforementioned French Open. I visited the grounds while in Paris with my best friend and fellow tennis-enthusiast. We found this sign marking the distance and direction to the sites of each of the other three majors very amusing. The OCD side of me wants to sneak an "S" onto the end of "Flushing Meadow," but I suppose the intent is still clear. Anyway, Vamos Rafa!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this photograph, Sweets! Seriously. Partly because I'm a fellow sports freak, but also because I love all things outside the box. (Court?) Thank you, whoever thought up this fab idea. In fact, I think you should take a winter trip to Paris so you can snap a shot of this with a dusting of snow. I just think that would be cool. :o) Vamos Rafa! Make like Nike.

    Hugs and blessings! :o)

    ReplyDelete