September 30, 2011

Photo Friday - Segway Tour


Segway Tour of Historic Manchester, New Hampshire

This week's photo comes from my tour of the historic parts - so basically just the mills - of Manchester, New Hampshire. The above picture was snapped as we made a stop at the observation deck overlooking the Amoskeag Falls. To be honest - I'm sure I'm not surprising anyone when I say this - I just went on the tour so I could ride a Segway. Living in NH my whole life, I'm well aware of what's here, or rather, not here. The tour was pretty cute, and I did learn a few fun facts, but Manchester is not a hub of excitement and history like Boston or Philly. Still, it's good to be reminded that there are activities in your own backyard, no matter how boring you may think your neighborhood is, so thanks to Segway of Manchester for that. Oh, and we randomly met the governor of NH while we were motoring around. I don't think there is any other state in the country where the governor, with no security or handlers, would wander over to a group of people just to chat. Too bad nobody was brave enough to ask for a picture. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. How perfectly delightful is this picture?! You are bubbling up with joy during this Segway tour thingamabopperjig... see how radiant you are? Did you see? The overlook is gorgeous. Can I go there, too? It's pretty neat the governor was there. He should have asked for your autograph and picture, in my opinion. I'm glad you had a fun little adventure, even in your own backyard. :)

    Hugs and blessings, my Sweets!

    ReplyDelete