October 7, 2011

Photo Friday - Edinburgh, Scotland


Hiking Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh, Scotland

This is one of my favorite photos I've ever taken. It was captured thanks to pure luck and coincidence. The stars just aligned - or should I say, moon and man aligned. During a weekend trip to Edinburgh, Scotland while studying abroad, we decided to hike as high up Arthur's Seat as we could before the sun went down (or before we got blown off the side of the mountain). Part way up, I looked over to the neighboring peak to see the moon beginning its ascent. After taking a few nature shots, this fellow hiker wandered into the picture and made for a pretty sweet photo op. I love the way the man looks on the horizon and the sense of size and dimension he brings to the picture.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of MY favorite photographs of yours, Sweets. :o) Not only because it has the beloved moon and a gorgeous sky, but because of the hiker. He's in the perfect location, even... a bit up on the mountain. I too love it for scaling purposes, but also because of the human element. Pure nature plus a random-hiker-who-I-love makes for one fantastic photo. Not to mention the mountain itself is amazing. Le sigh. You make me happy. <3

    Less-than-three love!

    ReplyDelete