July 29, 2011

Photo Friday - Neuschwanstein Castle


Neuschwanstein Castle - Germany

The talk of next year's family vacation has switched from a cruise around the Mediterranean to spending about a week in Germany. Well twist my arm! I'm a smidge German and would love to explore my homeland. To prep for this trip-in-progress, I've taken to reading up on what's best to see and do in Germany. In my studies, I came across this castle, casually known as one of "Mad" King Ludwig's castles. Just take a look at that picture. Yeah, I have to go there. Like now. It was the inspiration for Disney's famous  Sleeping Beauty's Castle, so naturally it's magical. Neuschwanstein or bust!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I need to go here! This castle is all sorts of exquisite beauty. It's probably the most stunning castle I've seen... Disney peeps are so brilliant. I'm part German (obviously, given my last name) and I think that means I need to visit this castle for a day or 346. Take me with you!

    Thanks for posting this gorgeous photo, Sweets. I love it so much I'm saving it. :o) <3

    ReplyDelete